This recipe was in a magazine clipping years ago. I haven't tried these cookies but they sound good.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, and butter until well blended.
- Blend in 1/4 cup peanut butter to mixture. Add vanilla and egg, beat well.
- Add flour mixture until blended. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients, blending well.
- Roll filling into 30 one inch balls.
- For each cookie, with floured hands shape 1 tbs dough around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 9 minutes or until set and slightly cracked.
- Cool on wire racks.