Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a chocolate cookie wrapped in a soft peanut butter center. My mom made these every Christmas since they are kind of time consuming they are so yummmmmy hope you like them
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter, for filling
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for filling
- Combine flour, cocoa, soda in a bowl.
- in a large bowl beat butter with both sugars and peanut butter.
- add vanilla and egg beat well
- stir in flour mixture until blended
- set aside
- in small bowl combine filling ingredrents
- roll filling into 30 1" balls.
- wrap chocolate dough around peanut butter ball covering completely
- place about 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- flatten balls with bottom of class dipped in water then sugar filling may peak out of sides it is okay.
- bake at 375 for 8-9 minute.
- nice with frosting squiggle on top.
these were so good. I love that the ingredients are staples in everyones kitchen. if you think they are to soft after cooking them for 9mins. Just leave them on the cookie sheet. If you try to cook them longer then the 9mins they will be very hard. but if they are over cooked then they make great cookies for dunking in milk. you can never go wrong with something that has peanut butter and Chocolate. thanks.
I have made these before and they are really yummy. Thanks for posting.