Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was on back of my Malt-O-Meal Hot Wheat Cereal box.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup malt-o-meal wheat cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in order until flour is moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins or paper lined tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I like just about anything with oats in it. Easy to do and they freeze well. I can see myself making these again.
Yummy! I added chopped dried apricots.
Wow. These are probably the best muffins I've made yet! I must admit, I did not expect such tastiness from an oatmeal muffin, but I think these tasted almost like regular oatmeal (with sugar) in muffin form! Yum! I don't see where they could be improved on, but I am thinking about using some brown sugar in place of some of the white sugar next time to make another variety that I hope will be equally good.