Recipe by Lorac
Presto! Frozen cooked meatballs, canned beef broth and salsa are the magic ingredients that transform the traditional Mexican albondigas soup into a quick and easy, every day treat.
Top Review by QG
This was a big hit with my family. I used a little less broth, a few more meatballs, and a bit more corn. I also added generous shakes of chili powder, cumin, and ground oregano. Also about a tablespoon or so of bottled Mexican hot sauce. The result was very good. We ate it with rice. Next time I might add some cilantro and fresh lime juice at the end to brighten the flavor even more.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen cooked meatballs
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared chunky style salsa
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup roughly crumbled tortillas or 1⁄2 cup corn chips