Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Eagle Brand booklet
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind or 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 8 -9 inches prepared pie crusts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In bowl combine sweetened milk, lemon juice, lemon rind or extract and egg yolks stir till it thickens. Pour in chilled pie crust.
- In bowl beat egg whites with tartar on high speed till soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on med. speed 1 tbs. at a time. Beat 4 minutes or till stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread over pie carefully sealing to edge.
- Bake 12-15 minutes till browned. Cool.