Recipe by SilentCricket
I remember being able to buy this type of dessert mix in the supermarket years ago. I don't know if it's still available, but if not, you can now make it from scratch! It is not vegan cause gelatin is not vegan!
Top Review by Leta
This was a blast from the past! It has been years since I had this. Thanks so much for posting it. Follow the directions as written and you can't miss. I did substitute fresh sweetened whipped cream for the non-dairy whipped topping.
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box gelatin, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour boiling water into blender.
- Add gelatin.
- Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved; about 30 seconds.
- Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
- Then add whipped topping; Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into dessert glasses.
- Chill about 30 minutes.
- Dessert layers as it chills.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping, fresh fruit, and mint leaves if desired.
- **Foran added affect, tilt glasses slightly while chilling for angled layers.