Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I remember being able to buy this type of dessert mix in the supermarket years ago. I don't know if it's still available, but if not, you can now make it from scratch! It is not vegan cause gelatin is not vegan!
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) box gelatin, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy whipped topping
- Pour boiling water into blender.
- Add gelatin.
- Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved; about 30 seconds.
- Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
- Then add whipped topping; Blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour into dessert glasses.
- Chill about 30 minutes.
- Dessert layers as it chills.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping, fresh fruit, and mint leaves if desired.
- **Foran added affect, tilt glasses slightly while chilling for angled layers.
This was a blast from the past! It has been years since I had this. Thanks so much for posting it. Follow the directions as written and you can't miss. I did substitute fresh sweetened whipped cream for the non-dairy whipped topping.
Awesome recipe! Made it with strawberry daiquiri jello mix and dream whip. Also just whipped it by hand and it turned out wonderful for a light summertime dessert!!
Definitely a blast form the past! I actually had better luck with it separating into it's individual layers when I whipped it by hand. I very well could have blended it toooo long with the blender and whipped the layers right out of it *LOL* Hard to get a photo of it , but that was the best one I could come up with! Glad this recipe was posted!! I have a "new" old dessert! :)