Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a special occasion breakfast. It is from Disney. Off my old site. Note: this is the 'short version' of the Crystal Palace Breakfst Lasagna which when I get the time I will post in full. This one as you can see works and isn't as complicated [trust me.. the other one has the pancake, waffle and a few other ingredients hand made]
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 pancakes
- 6 waffles
- 1 lb strawberry
- 8 ounces blueberries
- Make the pastry cream first. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, flour, salt and milk over medium heat and cook stirring until mixture thickens. In a small bowl with a fork, beat egg yolks slightly, beat small amount of milk mixture into yolks. Slowly pour egg mixture back into milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook over medium low heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Chill cream until ready to use.
- Put a thin layer of Pastry cream in a pan, make a layer of waffles, put a layer of pastry cream. Cut strawberries into slices. Take half the strawberries and half the blueberries and make a layer of fruit. Top the fruit with a layer of pancakes, then layer of pastry cream. Garnish the lasagna with the rest of the strawberries and blueberries.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Made exactly as posted, only I used blueberry pancakes (which worked great, if I make it again I'll buy/make strawberry waffles too) I think this is MUCH better served cold. Out of the oven this morning I didn't care for it. And nobody else really mentioned it either. Wish I'd known, I could have baked it last night instead of 6:30 this morning lol
Fantastic! My 2 yo loved it too of course. :) I can't wait to try the long version.
All I can say is amazing. An excellent Sunday Brunch.