- 500 g self raising flour
- 250 g butter, chopped
- 250 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 500 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything BUT NOT the milk.
- Heat the milk to just below boiling then pour over mixed ingredients.
- Mix well or until butter has melted (although I have left some whole bits in).
- Pour into a greased lamington tin
- Bake 45 minutes @ 180°C.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar.