Recipe by Tillie Bianco
EASY and VERY GOOD! Can be served with rice,potatoes or any other vegetable. Be sure to make some gravy to serve over rice or potatoes. SOURCE: Great American Cooking Recipes @ MSN Groups submitted by:Christi
- 3 tablespoons chef paul prudhomme poultry magic poultry seasoning, plus
- 1 teaspoon chef paul prudhomme poultry magic poultry seasoning
- 3 -4 lbs frying chicken, cut into 8 pieces with all visible fat removed
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken pieces in a pan or shallow bowl; pour the buttermilk over and let marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
- Sprinkle 2 Tablespoons Poultry Magic all over the chicken pieces and pat it in well with your hands.
- Combine the flour and the remaining Poultry Magic in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess and add to the oil, skin side down, in a single layer.
- Cover the skillet,reduce heat to medium and fry--checking occasionally to make sure the chicken is not burning, until browned on one side, about 5-6 minutes (if the chicken seems to be browning too quickly, turn down the heat).
- Turn the chicken pieces over, cover and fry-checking occasionally until they are a rich golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Set the skillet with the oil aside until oil is cooled.