Recipe by TheSarneys
The only Jello finger recipe my mom ever used... and after trying many, it's the one that's worked best for me! (*Note: Cooking Time is chilling time*)
Top Review by MommaEllen
The perfect finger jello recipe! We doubled the recipe for a 9x13 pan and ended up with the most wiggly, jiggily, kid-pleasing dessert. Use sugar-free jello and you won't get a sugar high either. Thank you for the simple treat!
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve unflavoured gelatin in one cup of cold water. Set aside.
- In saucepan bring one cup of water to a boil and add Jello. Bring back to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture to hot Jello mixture. Stir and add 1/2 cup cold water.
- Pour into a greased pan, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside in fridge until solid.
- Cut into squares or use cookie cutters to make interesting shapes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Note: each season it's fun to make these different colours and shapes. In our family we make green and red Jello Fingers at Christmas, at Valentine's Day red heart-shaped ones, St. Patrick's Day green clovers, Halloween orange circles (you can make into jack-o-lanterns) - it's fun for the kids and the Mom and Dad!
- (This recipe is ideal for an 8x8 pan, but for really little kids it's great if you've got a 9x13 as it makes them thinner.).