Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are the best cookie bars ever and they're incredibly easy! You can substitute whatever you like on these also. I overload it with chocolate and white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips but skip the nuts. From Eagle Brand.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahreheit (325 degrees Fahrenheit for a glass dish).
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture firmly in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, coconut, and nuts.
- Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into bars.
- Store leftovers covered.
These are pretty good bars but they're too sweet for DH to eat. I loved the graham crust and the different chip flavors but I think there's just a bit too much going on with all of them. Made just as directed and would only suggest that the instructions be updated to add greasing the pan for future reviewers. I used my Perfect Brownie Pan and baked the mixture without the insert for 10 minutes, then pushed the (greased) insert down in before baking 20 minutes more. Thanks for sharing, moonbaby! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I definitely have a sweet tooth, but must say that, as enjoyable as these are, they ARE REALLY, REALLY SWEET, & I highly recommend cutting them into the smallest bars/squares you can! I also have to say that they were a big hit during a bake sale the kids in our mobile home park held, so . . . Also, I intend to include them in one of my monthly finger food counters for several groups I host! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef] Want to check ou PAC? Here's a link = http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
OMG! MY MOM USE TO MAKE THESE FOR ME. THERE SOOOO GOOD. SENT RECIPE TO PHONE, WILL MAKE SOON. Thanks for recipe, and the memories.