Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
To Die For !!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups digestive cookie crumbs
- 170 g Nestle sweetened condensed milk (plain)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, condensed milk and egg until well blended.
- Add cookie crumbs to mixture, blending well.
- Pour mixture into 13x9 inch square baking pan.
- Spread crumb mixture into pan WITHOUT PRESSING DOWN.
- Once crumb mixture is evenly spread, sprinkle chocolate chips all over.
- Press down with fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool, cut into slices, and ENJOY!
i added butterscotch and walnuts along with the chocolate chips. the base was more cakey than i was expecting or wanting. . i added some vanilla to it. 25-30 min is way too long to cook, i took mine out after 21 minutes and they were overdone and dry. i would say bake for only 15-20 min. good hot out of the oven with icecream!
This sounds wonderful! I have made something similar to this, using graham cracker crumbs and adding coconut and nuts (walnut or pecans) to the topping, also. YUM! Might have to go and make some right now!