Recipe by Zurie
NOTE ADDED Jan 27, 2012: Please note that this is NOT a serious cake recipe! It is a fun recipe, for a quick choc snack. It may work for you, or you may have to make adjustments, or it might not work for you. Please do not judge this little recipe as if it is a chocolate cake -- as you will see from the reviews, they range from "great!" to "awful!" LOL! ORIGINAL INTRO: This recipe is doing the e-mail rounds! I do not know where it originated, but if you have kids, teenagers, or a sweet tooth yourself, it works!! A chocolate cake in a mug, for one person! Do use a LARGE mug! I never, ever post recipes like this which I have not made, and I'm not a microwave fan, but this one, for parents of the above-mentioned people, just has to be posted. Delicious with whipped cream, ice cream or custard, they say! It must be great to mix a choc cake in a mug, and have a hot "cake" within 3 minutes!!
Top Review by patternghost
For a quicker option, just mix 1 box of angel food cake mix together with 1 box of cake mix of your choice (strawberry is good, or devil's food works for a good vs evil kinda thing). Store in an air-tight canister. When you you are ready to make a cup, use 1/3 cup of the mix along with 3 tbsp water. Stir and microwave for 50 seconds. Yummy!
- 4 tablespoons flour (cake flour)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, any kind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder (a pinch!)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (a pinch!!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 -3 drops vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, tiny pinch baking powder and tiny pinch salt. (This can also be mixed directly into a large mug).
- Add egg and mix into dry mixture.
- Add oil and milk and mix well.
- Grease a tall, large mug, and pour in this mixture, scraping out with a spatula.
- Place in microwave on High for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
- (Best slightly undercooked, so be careful).