1/4 Photos of Magic Chocolate Mug Cake (Microwave)
NOTE ADDED Jan 27, 2012: Please note that this is NOT a serious cake recipe! It is a fun recipe, for a quick choc snack. It may work for you, or you may have to make adjustments, or it might not work for you. Please do not judge this little recipe as if it is a chocolate cake -- as you will see from the reviews, they range from "great!" to "awful!" LOL! ORIGINAL INTRO: This recipe is doing the e-mail rounds! I do not know where it originated, but if you have kids, teenagers, or a sweet tooth yourself, it works!! A chocolate cake in a mug, for one person! Do use a LARGE mug! I never, ever post recipes like this which I have not made, and I'm not a microwave fan, but this one, for parents of the above-mentioned people, just has to be posted. Delicious with whipped cream, ice cream or custard, they say! It must be great to mix a choc cake in a mug, and have a hot "cake" within 3 minutes!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, tiny pinch baking powder and tiny pinch salt. (This can also be mixed directly into a large mug).
- 2Add egg and mix into dry mixture.
- 3Add oil and milk and mix well.
- 4Grease a tall, large mug, and pour in this mixture, scraping out with a spatula.
- 5Place in microwave on High for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes.
- 6(Best slightly undercooked, so be careful).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magic Chocolate Mug Cake (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 795.1
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 192.4 mg
- Sodium 432.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 13.1 g