Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This "magically" separates into a light, sponge and a velvety chocolate sauce, as it cooks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 6-cup straight sided oven proof dish and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Add 3/4 cup of the sugar and 2/3 cup of the milk. heat gently. stir occasionally, until the butter has melted and all the sugar is dissolved. remove pan from heat.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and 1 tbls. of the cocoa powder into the pan and stir into the mixture, mixing evenly. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and level the surface.
- Sift the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl, mix well, then sprinkle it over the cake mixture.
- Pour remaining milk over the cake.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the sponge has risen to the top and is firm to the touch. Serve hot, with yogurt or vanilla ice cream.