Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
No Ice Cream needed for this delicious Wendy's Mock Frosty! When we're in need for something sweet and don't have ice cream I break out the blender for this treat! BTW this really is very similar to the Wendy's Frosty.
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray.
- Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on the blender motor. The blender should be about 3/4's full.
- Place the lid on. Process for a full 2 minutes. Pour into cups and serve.
- Add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha shake.
- Add 1 very ripe banana for a chocolate banana shake.
- Add a big spoonful of peanut butter for a decandent Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake.
- Add a few broken red and white candy mints for a refreshing Chocolate Mint shake.
- To make a vanilla Milk Shake, omit the cocoa powder, reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup and add 1 Tablespoon (yes a full tablespoon) of vanilla flavoring. For a french vanilla milk shake crack in an egg too.
- *** Splenda can be used in this recipe. It is measure for measure.
Initially, I was sceptical about this recipe but wanted to give it a go, as we don't keep icecream in the house. It absolutely worked and my hubby loved it. For my blender it worked beter if I fed the ice cubes in one by one with the motor running. I also used vegetable oil as corn oil isn't common in Australia. One hint: I reduced the oil down to 1 table spoon and the spray down to 3 seconds, and it worked fine. Do try this it really works - tasty and thick milk shake.
Really quick, I just got up from the computer, cut the recipe in half and made it in about 3 minutes. Super cheap. I agree, too sweet for my tastes and you need a good blender motor. Would be good for a bunch of kids.
I make these with Splenda and only 1 tablespoon oil. Great recipe if you don't keep ice cream in the house or you are trying to reduce calories in your diet. This recipe is from the Hillbilly Housewife site. It is worth trying at least once if you have a group of kids in the house.