Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in Cook's Country June/July 2009, and it really is a 10 minute recipe for creamy chocolate ice cream without an ice cream machine. This is the perfect recipe for when you want ice cream, but you don't want to mess with an ice cream maker. Serving size is estimated.
- Combine coffee or espresso powder and hot water in a small bowl.
- Let stand until coffee dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee mixture in a bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted (about 1 minute).
- Stir in vanilla and salt. Let cool.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to soft peaks, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Freeze in airtight container until firm, or at least 6 hours or up to 2 weeks. Serve.