Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
My husband's favorite -- he asked what I made it with and I said magic. He said well keep a bottle of that around! I use a rotisseire chicken for the chicken!
Top Review by queenbeatrice
Magically Delicious. I used green onions and did not use any noodles but other than that I followed the recipe accordingly with great results. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced carrots (into round coins)
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup corn (fresh or frozen ( NOT canned)
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 6 -8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (not canned!!!)
- In a large soup put melt butter over high heat add onions, carrots and celery. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute over high heat until slightly softened (constantly checkto make sure veggies aren't burning), about five to eight minutes.
- Add corn, broth and all seasonings. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook until noodles are almost done.
- Add in chicken and continue to cook until egg noodles are done and chicken is heated through.
- Serve alone or as we like it with grilled cheese sandwiches!