My husband's recipe for fajitas, based on a recipe found in a Mexican cookbook by Jane Milton and his own experimentation. The inclusion of cinnamon is what to me gives these fajitas such a great flavor! Serve with your favorite accompaniments along with rice and beans and a strong margarita!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4-1 lb chicken or 3/4-1 lb steak or 3/4-1 lb shrimp, cut in strips against grain
- oil (enough to coat meat)
- 1 (5 g) packet Sazon Goya seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 -3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- lime juice (just enough to coat meat)
- 1 dash tequila
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- 1Cut meat in strips (against the grain) and place in medium sized freezer bag.
- 2Drizzle enough oil over the meat to coat and shake bag.
- 3Add all all seasonings to bag, shake to coat meat.
- 4Add enough lime juice to coat meat, plus dash of tequila.
- 5Marinade (ideal time for steak or chicken-- 1 1/2 -2 hours, shrimp-- no more than 30 minutes).
- 6Heat cast iron skillet on medium-high until smoking, add approximately 1/4 of the meat plus onion and peppers and sear for approximately 3-5 minutes. If cooking just chicken or shrimp, you may need to add a small amount of oil (1 tsp). Do not overcrowd the skillet or you will not achieve a good sear.
- 7Continue cooking the rest of the fajitas in small batches. Serve with tortillas and accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magic Chicken, Beef or Shrimp Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Sazon Goya seasoning