I've been making these since I was a teenager. They look so cute when cut into little rectangles (rhomboid?) with a stripe of two different jellies in them. Now I use the all fruit jelly to cut down on the amount of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Cream together butter, sugar, egg, flavoring.
- 3Stir dry ingredients together; blend in.
- 4Reserve 1/2 of dough; roll the rest into 2 rectangles, 12" x 6".
- 5Cut rectangles lengthwise into 3 strips.
- 6Lift each strip carefully onto ungreased baking sheet.
- 7Put reserve dough into cookie press.
- 8Using smallest star design, press a long rope down each side of each strip, and one down the center.
- 9Bake 10 minutes, until edges are light brown.
- 10When cookies are cool, fill between the rows with different colored jellies or icing.
- 11cut cookies into 1" diagonal pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magic Carpet Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (730 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 46.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g