Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been making these since I was a teenager. They look so cute when cut into little rectangles (rhomboid?) with a stripe of two different jellies in them. Now I use the all fruit jelly to cut down on the amount of sugar.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg, flavoring.
- Stir dry ingredients together; blend in.
- Reserve 1/2 of dough; roll the rest into 2 rectangles, 12" x 6".
- Cut rectangles lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Lift each strip carefully onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Put reserve dough into cookie press.
- Using smallest star design, press a long rope down each side of each strip, and one down the center.
- Bake 10 minutes, until edges are light brown.
- When cookies are cool, fill between the rows with different colored jellies or icing.
- cut cookies into 1" diagonal pieces.