Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Magic Bullet Cookbook. Posted in response to a request on the forum. The quantity is an estimate. The book doesn't give the servings but measuring with water, the large cup holds about 2-1/2 cups. Based on a suggestion, I have switched the order of onions and tomatoes...in the original recipe from Magic Bullet, the onions go in first and the tomatoes third. Please feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your taste ... everyone has different tastes and what pleases one person may not please the next. Thank you for your suggestions to make this a better recipe.
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes (or 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄4 of a jalapeno pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients, IN THE ORDER THEY ARE LISTED, into the tall cup (you may need to cut up the tomatoes).
- Twist on the cross blade and place the cup onto the power base.
- Give it several quick pulses. Do not over-process -- salsa should be chunky.
- Remember to apply a bit of counter-clockwise pressure to the cup to keep it from locking-on.
This is a great tasting salsa in my opinion. However, I did do things a little differently. I put the garlic and onions in first and used canned diced tomatoes, put those in last. Then threw some oregano, salt and pepper on top of it and then blended it together. About 4 pulses-I like my salsa a little chunky. Turned out great!
I agree more tomatos less onion I added garlic salt & garlic powder to mine & def. switch the onion & tomatos around or you will have tomato soup salsa...
More Toamatoes Less Onions. Tastes Great Looks Awful