Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and simple pesto. From the magic bullet cookbook. Use as a base and try differnt combinations such as toasting the pine nuts or subbing spinach or watercress for the basil
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 g vegetarian parmesan cheese
- Place everything in the tall cup and fit the cross blade.
- Process to a grainy paste.
- Fit the steamer lid and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir the sauce through cooked pasta.
An okay base but needed a lot of changes. 1. Way too much salt. The Magic Bullet recipe book lists the salt as optional - wish it did so here. Had to add a lot of extra basil, pine nuts, and oil to try to save it and it's still very salty. Would recommend starting with none and adding to taste. 2. Garlic. The recipe book lists 1-2 cloves. I did one because two seemed like overkill, and it was still very garlicky.