Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy, putting it here before i lose it! From the magic bullet cookbook.
- 12 large closed cup mushrooms or 4 large flat mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 ounce vegetarian parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pop the stems out of the mushrooms and wipe them clean.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in the short cup and fit the cross blade.
- pulse until nearly smooth.
- Spoon into the mushrooms and bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
An easy recipe and a wonderful treat for those who love stuffed mushrooms. I used cottage cheese and some Manchego cheese in lieu of ricotta (what I had on hand), chicken broth, regular parmesan cheese ( a much smaller quantity), and a shallot and a green onion. I used a regular Oster blender with a standard fruit jar in lieu of the Magic Bullet. Didn't blend as well so had to add a little more broth and after done, added a couple of Tablespoons of bread crumbs and a strip of crisp bacon (crumbled). These are rich and decadent and take only a few minutes to prepare. Buttered the baking dish with Smart Balance, a butter substitute. No reason to wait to go out to a restaurant. Next time I will add a couple of chopped shrimp in lieu (or maybe addition) to the bacon. Crab would also be nice. Jim in So. Calif.