Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Adapted from Susan #2's 'Lynn's Famous Gazpacho' for the Magic Bullet Blender.
- 1⁄3 medium cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium tomatoes (about a cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yogurt (optional) or 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 pinch celery salt or 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch cilantro (garnish)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- First -- Add tomato, garlic, lemon juice, garlic salt, olive oil, and 1/2 of the cucumber and water to the Tall Cup.
- And -- Twist on the Cross Blade and puree the ingredients until you have a smooth soup-like consistency.
- Next -- Open cup and pour into a container.
- Then -- Dice the remainder of the cucumber. Stir the cucumber and yogurt into the container.
- Cover and chill overnight or for at least one hour. To serve, garnish soup with cilantro.
I made enough of this for 2 of us & used one medium cucumber & two large tomatoes, both of these veggies seeded & dices. Then I set pureed just half of the cucumber & three-quarters of the tomatoes, but left the rest of it to give a chunky texture to the gazpacho! Worked for us, & we loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed during this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
Was in a hurry, but did have a cucumber that I had to use up. I also had Spicy V8, which really made it! Substituted lime for lemon juice, and granulated garlic, but the end result was dee-licious! It was so fast, I was out the door in 10 min. with a delicious treat! Thanks, I will make this again!