Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best--low fat, flavorful, and comforting. My favorite recipe for use in my Magic Bullet. You can use different veggies-- zucchini, asparagus, cauliflower--just clean out the fridge Delightful!!
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 dash of fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1. In small saucepan, cook broccoli, mushrooms, onion and chicken broth until tender.Season to taste.
- 2. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Pour into large Magic bullet container or blender.
- 3. Add fat free half and half, dash of nutmeg, and pepper flakes if using.
- 4. Pulse until desired consistency, pour into your favorite cup, sprinkle with Parmesan and additional nutmeg, if desired.
- 5. ENJOY!
My wife loved this soup. Added a few more things and increased quantity (used an extra 1/2 cup to a cup of chicken broth also) and used regular blender. Used 1 cup of broccoli, 4 asparagus spears, 1 shallot, 1 large green onion, 1/2 of a medium summer squash, 1/2 cup of dried mushrooms, left over stems of 12 button mushrooms (made stuffed mushrooms also), 1/2 cup of yellow winter squash, a half carrot, a couple of cherry tomatoes, a dozen small beet leaves, and a handfull of baby spinach leaves. After cooking for 5 - 8 minutes until vegetables tender, dropped everything into a standard blender and creamed until smooth but with some texture (individual choice) with a Tbsp. or so of Fontina cheese, pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Added the half and half until creamy, checked for seasoning, and served. A great healthy, fast, and well balanced vegetable soup that can be made in 15 or 20 minutes. DON'T get hung up on my ingredients - have done these type of soups many times, use what ever vegetable you have in the fridge. It will taste good and be good for you. Serve it in a pretty bowl and grate romano or parmesan cheese over the top (optional). Jim in So. California