Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really easy and delicious treat. They truly are "magic"
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup nuts, of choice
- 284 ml sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (3-4 oz)
- Melt butter, sprinkle crumbs over butter.
- Make this in a 9x13 pan.
- Layer chocolate chips, coconut, nuts and condensed milk.
- Press down lightly, and bake in oven at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown.
We serve these for the holidays every year and they are always a huge success!!!
This is delicious. I used some leftover brownies that I broke into crumbs in the food processor instead of the graham crackers. It worked out wonderfully.
My family always gives these treats high marks! They are sweet and gooey. We love them topped with chopped pecans and still warm from the oven! I use more margarine to form a more solid crust (or just firmly press it together), otherwise the graham crackers crumble when cut into squares. Tip: Per recipe, 4 oz. coconut = about 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut.