Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Light delicious and so so simple. I got this recipe from an old cook book
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped almonds
- 10 drops almond extract
- 1 tablespoon melted shortening
- Beat egg whites, add sugar gradually and beat constantly.
- Add almonds, flavoring, and shortening mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in slow oven (275 degrees F) For 30-40 minutes.
i had to use more almonds to get it at a "droppable" consistancy. But these were just lovely. really really good. Beat the eggs until white, add sugar slowly until glossy and thick. Super easy and YUMMY made a second time...like most egg white recipes...even better on a dry day!!! made a little thumbprint and filled it with raspberry jam...they dissapeared at the office with requests for more.
These are sweet, light cookies that go well with coffee or tea. I found them very easy to make. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.