1 hr 20 mins
This is a wonderful recipe from my Aunt Kathy, she makes it every year at Christmas, and I love to make it too! I usually make it in mini loaf pans.
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut (I usually used the sweet kind)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fig
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream eggs, sugar and butter together.
- 3Add mashed bananas (I usually just put in a banana and a half in the mixer with the eggs/butter/sugar, and it gets mashed up pretty well).
- 4Add flour, soda and salt and mix.
- 5Add chopped figs.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients (I usually just add them whole and the mixer kind of bashes them up to the right size, just don't overmix because you want some pieces to still be recognizable.).
- 7Pour in greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for an 1 1/4 hours.
- 8If using mini-loaf pans start checking after 45 minutes.
- 9Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magi Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4475.9
- Calories from Fat 1906
- Total Fat 211.8 g
- Saturated Fat 115.7 g
- Cholesterol 667.0 mg
- Sodium 2564.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 622.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.7 g
- Sugars 380.8 g
- Protein 66.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: