Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe from my Aunt Kathy, she makes it every year at Christmas, and I love to make it too! I usually make it in mini loaf pans.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut (I usually used the sweet kind)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fig
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream eggs, sugar and butter together.
- Add mashed bananas (I usually just put in a banana and a half in the mixer with the eggs/butter/sugar, and it gets mashed up pretty well).
- Add flour, soda and salt and mix.
- Add chopped figs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (I usually just add them whole and the mixer kind of bashes them up to the right size, just don't overmix because you want some pieces to still be recognizable.).
- Pour in greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for an 1 1/4 hours.
- If using mini-loaf pans start checking after 45 minutes.
- Toothpick inserted should come out clean.