Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Follow these instructions whenever you want perfect mashed potatoes!!
- 7 lbs russet potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt & pepper
- In an 8- to 10-quart pan over high heat, bring 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Add potatoes and garlic to boiling water; cover and return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Heat cream until steaming in a small pot (but do not allow to boil); add butter and 1/2 cup cream to potatoes.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed, or by hand with a heavy-duty whisk, just until smooth.
- If mixture is stiffer than you like, beat in more cream until potatoes reach desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
perfect is right! add lots of freshly ground salt & pepper and i could make a meal out of this! pure comfort food, and we all loved it with the garlic!!