Recipe by HokiesMom
A make-ahead punch - can be stored in the freezer until needed. From Quick Cooking - submitted by M. Wagner. A nice change from ordinary punches. Allow 2 hours of thawing time right before serving. Makes 60 1 cup servings!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this especially to serve a monthly group I host & was intrigued with the idea that it's actually frozen until almost ready to use AND, now that it's made, I can tell you it's A GREAT TASTING PUNCH, too! I'm a big fruit cocktail fan, & enjoyed the making of this fruit 'concentrate!' [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbooks tag]
- 1 (30 ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (in juice)
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches in juice, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 4 medium bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fruit cocktail in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large freezer container.
- Repeat with peaches and pineapple.
- Place bananas, sugar and water in the blender; process until smooth.
- Add to pureed fruit with orange juice concentrate and lemon juice, mix well.
- Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, mash mixture using a potato masher.
- For each serving, combine 1/4 cup fruit slush with 3/4 cup soda.