Recipe by smartblonde #2
I love using crescent rolls! This is comfort food at its best. This is very filling and adaptable. I like to use Ore Ida potato rounds instead of the tater tots. It would be very easy to change a few things to your liking. Simple to make. Could be easily doubled using a 9 x 13 pan.Recipe makes about 4 servings.
Top Review by ForeverMama
This is a perfect meal, especially for a cold day where comfort food is the best thing to eat. Made it as written, but found that it needed more flavor as I found that 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning wasn't enough, so instead of the 1/2 tsp minced garlic, I added approximately 4 garlic cloves and for seasonings I added some Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, and Goya adoba seasoning. I also used 1 full tube of the crescent roll for the bottom of a 7 x 11 pyrex and another for the top, but I'm sure the 1/2 works well. I just wanted it to be more bready, but next time I'll use half as the recipe calls for. I found that the amount of the filling was perfect for either a 9 x 9 or a 7 x 11" pan. I will be making this again, especially for those days that comfort food is on the mind. Thank you smartblonde #2 for sharing. Made if for Spring PAC 2014.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake tater tots on a baking sheet for about 8 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, melt butter in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms,onion and garlic about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet brown ground beef.Mix in mushrooms, onion and garlic. Add sour cream,cream cheese and seasoning.Mix well and remove from heat.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 crescent rolls in bottom of 9 x 9 pan leaving the dough in the rectangle shape. Seal seams together.
- Place potato rounds on top of crescent rolls. Put meat mixture on top of potato rounds. Add shredded cheese. Top with remaining crescent rolls again leaving dough in rectangle shape and sealing seams.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.