1/2 Photos of Maggie's Crescent Roll Casserole
smartblonde #2's Note:
I love using crescent rolls! This is comfort food at its best. This is very filling and adaptable. I like to use Ore Ida potato rounds instead of the tater tots. It would be very easy to change a few things to your liking. Simple to make. Could be easily doubled using a 9 x 13 pan.Recipe makes about 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning
- 0.5 (8 ounce) bag tater tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Bake tater tots on a baking sheet for about 8 minutes.
- 3While potatoes are baking, melt butter in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms,onion and garlic about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 4In same skillet brown ground beef.Mix in mushrooms, onion and garlic. Add sour cream,cream cheese and seasoning.Mix well and remove from heat.
- 5Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- 6Place 1/2 crescent rolls in bottom of 9 x 9 pan leaving the dough in the rectangle shape. Seal seams together.
- 7Place potato rounds on top of crescent rolls. Put meat mixture on top of potato rounds. Add shredded cheese. Top with remaining crescent rolls again leaving dough in rectangle shape and sealing seams.
- 8Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggie's Crescent Roll Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.8
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 186.4 mg
- Sodium 784.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mrs. Dash onion and herb seasoning