1/2 Photos of Maggie's Chocolate Coffee Gingerbread Cake
Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is an old recipe, refined from time to time. Serve with vanilla ice cream or glaze icing or whipped cream.Update: Making for Christmas for neighbors:If the cake dips in the center-it is fine,homespun quality for this moist rich flavored cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first six dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- 2Mix the last four wet ingredients together in large separate bowl. Blend well.
- 3On low speed on your mixer, add dry ingredients in three separate batches. After the last batch is added, mix about five minutes more, using a spatula to clean the sides of the bowl from time to time.
- 4Preheat oven 350*.
- 5Spray Pam on all sides and bottom of 9X13 pan. Sprinkle a little flour over the Pam to prevent batter from sticking.
- 6Bake about 45-50 minutes in the middle rack of your oven. If you touch the middle of the cake and the dent comes back up, the cake is done or insert toothpick and if it comes out clean it is done. There will be a slight crispyness on the edges. This cake freezes well.
- 7Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- 8Note: You may use muffin pans and fill a 1/4 measuring cup. Make sure you use Pam and flour in the muffin cups before you fill. Bake about 15 minutes. Makes about 36.
- 9Servings are for cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggie's Chocolate Coffee Gingerbread Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 338.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g