Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A conglomeration of several recipes, taking the best from each to make one yummy dish. If you like chicken and love lemon and butter together, this is a real treat. I like to serve this with pasta and steamed broccoli.
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, divided
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs (I use unseasoned)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin cut or pounded thin!)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml boiling water (or 1/2 cup chicken stock)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (unless using chicken stock)
- 29.58 ml capers (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 slices and twisted for garnish and for extra flavor (optional)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley (optional)
- Whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture so that each is well coated.
- Melt butter with olive oil in frying pan on medium heat, and add coated chicken breasts, cooking about 8-10 minutes until nicely browned on each side and almost fully cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add liquid to pan with capers and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, bringing just to boiling and scraping the pan to release the flavorful bits.
- Return chicken to pan, add capers if desired, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to plate, spoon over some sauce, sprinkle on some fresh parsley and garnish with twisted lemon slices.