Maggie, Cooking's Note:
A conglomeration of several recipes, taking the best from each to make one yummy dish. If you like chicken and love lemon and butter together, this is a real treat. I like to serve this with pasta and steamed broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, divided
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs (I use unseasoned)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin cut or pounded thin!)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml boiling water (or 1/2 cup chicken stock)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (unless using chicken stock)
- 29.58 ml capers (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 slices and twisted for garnish and for extra flavor (optional)
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley (optional)
- 1Whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a shallow bowl.
- 2In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- 3Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then breadcrumb mixture so that each is well coated.
- 4Melt butter with olive oil in frying pan on medium heat, and add coated chicken breasts, cooking about 8-10 minutes until nicely browned on each side and almost fully cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 5Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add liquid to pan with capers and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, bringing just to boiling and scraping the pan to release the flavorful bits.
- 6Return chicken to pan, add capers if desired, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 7Remove chicken to plate, spoon over some sauce, sprinkle on some fresh parsley and garnish with twisted lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggie's Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 731.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g