Maggie Beer's Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry
- Chop the cold butter and put it in a food processor bowl with the flour. Pulse this mixture until the butter resembles chunks the size of olives.
- Add the sour cream and pulse again until 'just' incorporated. The mixture does not have to be perfectly smooth and uniform.
- Turn onto a well-floured, cool surface and roll the dough into a rectangle. cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll into the desired shape.
- Rest again in the fridge.