Recipe by JustJanS
Great with steak or at brunch as a side to an egg, stirred through pasta or on toasted sour dough bread as bruscetta.
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 300 grams of each for 4 of us and 2 rated it 3 (found it too sweet) and the other 2 5. This is the first time I have used verjuice and didn't realize it could be so sweet but did enjoy the chunky texture of the mushrooms. Thank you Jan, made for Make My Recipe - Spring Edition.
- 400 g field mushrooms, quartered
- 400 g portobella mushrooms, quartered
- 175 ml verjuice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, stalks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- sea salt
- crushed black pepper
- chopped parsley, to serve
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place mushrooms, verjuice, parsley stalks, oregano, salt and pepper in a baking dish and toss to combine.
- Roast until well cooked (this could take up to an hour, then transfer dish to stove top and cook until 1/4 of the liquid remains.
- Sprinkle with the extra chopped parsley and enough olive oil to moisten a little.