Recipe by sofie-a-toast
From a recipe exchange, inspired by an amazing restaurant in the Bay. The original calls for sausage but I actually think the flavors are even more amazing without.
Top Review by breezermom
I am in heaven!!! I did not do this vegetarian.....I used the hot italian sausage. I agree with FLKeysJen.....the arugula tended to burn during baking.....think I'd add it midway through baking. Love the bite from the arugula and blue cheese, the heat from the hot italian sausage and the sweet from the figs. This was amazing, and I highly recommend it. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2013 Tag game. Fabulous!!
- 1 pizza dough (like the Trader Joe's one)
- 1⁄2 cup radicchio or 1⁄2 cup arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 Italian sausage (optional)
- 10 -12 dried mission figs, cut into bite-sized pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and add a dash of olive oil. Uncase the sausage and fork it in small pieces into the frying pan. Cook the sausage for about 7 minutes until done.
- Roll out the pizza dough to the desired shape and thickness. Brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the pizza and then sprinkle on the garlic. Add the mozzarella and blue cheeses to the top of the pizza dough. Then add the sausage and figs. Finally sprinkle on the rosemary and radicchio.
- Cook the pizza for 8-10 until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is beginning to brown.