Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love Maggiano's restaurant. Definitely one of my favorite restaurants to go to. This is my favorite appetizer that I just have to have every time I go there. Enjoy!
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml granulated garlic
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh parsley
- paprika, to coat
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 56.69 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1419.54 ml fresh spinach
- 226.79 g whole unsalted butter, softened
- 236.59 ml Fontina cheese, grated
- 354.88 ml Japanese-style bread crumbs
- Remove stems from mushrooms and place in large mixing bowls. Coat with 1 oz of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking tray with gills up and roast in oven from 15 minutes. Remove allow to slightly cool then turn over to allow juice to drain.
- In a sauté pan add 1 oz of olive oil and fresh minced garlic. With medium heat allow for garlic to slightly brown. Add fresh spinach and salt and pepper to taste. Then, begin to stir spinach until it reduces in volume remove from heat drain and cool. Lay spinach out on cutting board and lightly chop.
- In a large mixing bowl add half pound of softened butter, salt, pepper, oregano, granulated garlic, basil, parsley and the Japanese bread crumbs. Mix by hand until toughly mixed together. Then form into 1 oz disc.
- Using a separate mixing bowl, add in cooked spinach and fontina cheese mix together. Then place 1 to 2 oz of the spinach fontina mixture into each mushroom cap. Top with the gratin butter mix, sprinkle with paprika . At this point either keep cold until future use or bake in oven at 350 until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh lemon and enjoy!
Great recipe! My 2 kids who claim to not like mushrooms loved these! This will be my stuffed mushroom recipe from now on (I've made it about 4 times in the past 6 months).
I did not spend the time to make the separate parts and combine. I just combined everything and put in the mushroom cap. I also sauteed the mushroom stems (so we didn't waste it) with the garlic and spinach. I did not have unsalted butter so I used salted and omitted the salt completely. With that change, I felt it need a slight sprinkle of salt on it to taste like Maggianos. I did have about a full sandwich bag full of mix leftover after overstuffing my mushrooms (24). I just froze it for future use (I've done it before and it's turned our fine). I've passed it on quite a few times already.
These were WONDERFUL! Just like the restraunts! I tweeked the recipe alittle (didn't have unsalted butter so I used regular). Had a lot of crumb mixture left over, so I my cut back next time.
This is a teeny bit more time consuming than my regular stuffed mushroom recipe, but it is now one of my favorite appetizers! I used medium sized mushooms; and cooked the mushrooms for about 15 minutes to brown them. Delicioius!