Recipe by Amberngriffinco
Rigatoni with Chicken and a Mushroom Sauce.. Creamy, RICH, hearty and a crowd pleaser! Add some chopped salad and Tiramisu and that IS DINNER!
Top Review by Cook4_6
This had fantastic flavor, but I thought the sauce turned out a bit too thin. I would go with the lesser amount of Marsala to start with, which I did not. I will definitely make this again. Also, I believe the chicken should be added after the mushrooms are browned, but I did not see it specified in the recipe.
- 5 ounces button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ounces raw chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce garlic butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 ounce white wine
- 2 -4 ounces marsala wine
- 1⁄2 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄2 quart heavy cream (whipping)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic puree. Brown lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Add white wine, Marsala wine and chicken stock. Reduce by half. Add cream and bring to a boil and turn down heat and simmer to skim away any impurities.
- Add drained rigatoni to pan and finish with basil, parmesan cheese, garlic butter and salt and pepper to taste. Add Marsala for flavor as needed.
- Place in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan shavings and additional basil leaves.
- * My notes: I use a mix of onion AND shallots. I use an 8 oz package of mushrooms, roughly chopped and 10 oz of chicken breast. I also add in about six fresh basil leaves roughly chopped up.