1/9 Photos of Maggiano's Little Italy Italian Trifle With Seasonal Fruit
12 hrs 25 mins
Great fresh fruit dessert! Beautiful presentation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pastry Cream:
- 2In a stainless steel pot, scald milk by heating until skin forms on top.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk together yolks and sugar well.
- 4Add cornstarch and whisk. Once milk is scalded, slowly pour into egg mixture while whisking.
- 5Once incorporated, pour back into pot and put over low heat while whisking. Cook mixture just until it gets thick and comes to a boil.
- 6Remove from heat immediately and pour into metal bowl. Whisk vanilla extract and cover directly with plastic wrap. Let cool several hours or overnight.
- 7In a small mixer, whip cream and sugar until stiff. Fold into cooled pastry cream mixture.
- 9Mix all fruit together in a bowl.
- 10In a sundae glass, place one cake cube on the bottom.
- 11Top with two ounces of cream mixture. Top with two ounces of fruit plus place for more cubes of cake on top of cream mixture and press slightly.
- 12Top with three ounces of cream mixture.
- 13Reserve remainder of fruit as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggiano's Little Italy Italian Trifle With Seasonal Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 173.7 mg
- Sodium 68.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
butter pound cake