I am posting this recipe to try later. I am always looking for great soups to make during winter months and this sounds different; but yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup celery, slices (bias-cut about 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups carrots, slices (half-moon-cut 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 gallon chicken broth
- 2 lbs cooked chicken breasts, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb small shell pasta, cooked
- fresh spinach leaves, cut into small pieces (to taste)
- additional asiago cheese (to garnish, to taste)
- 1In large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- 2Add onions and garlic and saute until light brown. Lower heat and add celery, carrots, salt and pepper.
- 3Saute until vegetables are tender. Add rosemary and cook briefly.
- 4Add broth and cooked chicken. Stir in Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed. Serve immediately or cool in refrigerator.
- 6To serve: Portion pasta, spinach and cheese for garnish into bottom of individual serving dishes. Top with hot soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maggiano's Little Italy Chicken Asiago Soup (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 2541.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: