Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Credit goes to Maggiano's & Oolala's Maggiano's Little Italy House Salad. This is perfect for just about any side salad. I adjusted the ingredients to suit our tastes, I like the added tang from the vinegar. Posted for my own safe keeping so I don't have to rely on my bad memory for the adjusted ingredient amounts! :D
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- fresh ground black pepper, several grinds
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- In medium mixing bowl, combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, vinegar and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Whisk in oil in thin stream. Add pepper and oregano; whisk to combine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
A really lovely dressing that does not overpower the salad ingredients. It's a keeper! I can see using this on any sort of greens with almost any add ins. A winner in this house!