This recipe is adapted from Maggiano's Little Italy House Salad. I made some changes in my review and wanted to save them completely on here. My husband and I go to Maggiano's often and can't get enough of this salad. I make this at home all the time... sometimes as a meal in itself or a salad wrap, or salad in a pita. This salad is soooo sooooo good! I hope you enjoy it too! Updated: I halved the dressing because the original makes much more than you need.
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 4 ounces prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground pepper
- In a skillet, cook prosciutto until it turns dark.
- Let it cool, and chop it up.
- Add all salad ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- You won't need all the dressing, but it will store in air-tight container in the fridge for about a week.
- Toss dressing over salad just enough to coat all lettuce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!