Recipe by Chef Shadows
A Shadows original
Top Review by simplemom
This sandwich is so, so good. I didn't have any peppers and only had scallions, but this still tasted great. I did use beer and we had just a few black olives left. This sandwich has a nice kick to it. It's nice to have a new hot sandwich on my rotation. Thanks for another great recipe Chef Shadows!!
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, 4 links
- 1⁄4 onion, small, thin sliced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, mixed, thin slices
- 1⁄8 cup hot pepper, sliced thin (pickled )
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 hot dog buns or 4 small hoagie rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in skillet with lid and heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute until onion is slightly browned.
- Add all peppers and heat.
- Add beer or wine.
- Add sausage and cover with lid.
- Cook covered for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook, turning often, until browned and peppers are soft , at least 10 minutes more.
- Equaly divide the cheeses on 4 rolls.
- Place rolls with cheese under broiler until cheese starts to melt.
- Remove from broiler.
- Add chopped olives to melted cheese.
- Place cooked peppers, garlic, and onion on rolls.
- Place cooked sausage on rolls.
- Close rolls and serve.
- A good ale or glass of red wine goes good with this.