Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my favorites that my mother (Mae) cooked when I was a kid. Fantastic cheese and tomato taste ...
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can shoe peg corn, drained
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Brown the flour in the margarine then add milk and seasonings. Cook over low heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, corn, and cheese. Pour into 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.