1/1 Photo of Mae Mortensen's Butter Pecan Cookies
This is Mae Mortensen's recipe. She posted it in the "Fellowhip Favorites from First Presbyterian" cookbook. Because the pecans are ground, its like a pecan sandy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and margarine. Gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- 2Add the water and vanilla, beating well. Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture, beating well. Stir in ground pecans.
- 3Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls to 1/4 inch thickness with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on the cookie sheet.
- 4Roll cookies in additional sugar to coat. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mae Mortensen's Butter Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.7
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g