Recipe by Mark Marcarian
This is a wonderful way to make your very own yogurt! Once you start this process you may never run out of yogurt again! Why pay a lot of money for those measley little containers? Mix in your own fruit in a batch also.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When it comes to a boil, add 1/2 pint of heavy cream, and pour into an earthen bowl or Pyrex dish.
- When it is lukewarm, stir the madzoon starter with a spoon until it is smooth and dilute it with some of the warm milk.
- Pour this mixture into warm milk and stir.
- Set your oven to 200F degrees.
- When heated, turn off oven and place bowl in oven.
- Check in 2 hours for firmness.
- Variation: Use skim milk instead of whole milk and eliminate cream.
- Note: You may use commercial plain yogurt as your starter.