1/1 Photo of Madwizard's Pumpkin Cookies
These cookies taste like pumpkin pie without the crust. Especially when they're warm out of the oven. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup Land o' Lakes Butter, room temperature (or other HIGH quality butter)
- 1 cup pumpkin (get the canned, trust me!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (preferably)
- 1 large egg (very fresh)
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (don't use the stale stuff guys!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (ditto!)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use Cinnabon's brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (no salt-subs use the real deal)
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Optional: 3/4 cup chopped nuts Also optional: a small dash of cloves and a tiny dash of all-spice (very optional--to your liking). Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2In a large bowl combine sugars; butter-beat until fluffy.
- 3Add pumpkin, vanilla and the egg; blend well.
- 4Add flour, baking powder and soda, and all spices; mix well.
- 5If you have chosen to add nuts, add and stir.
- 6As for the cooking you can do this one of 2 ways.
- 7The first way if you like tiny little cookies (HAH! Not me! but some like 'em bite size) then you would drop them by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake these small ones at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- 8DON'T FORGET TO PREHEAT THE OVEN FIRST! Duh many of us forget that sometimes.um.ok. I admit it has happened before). Now for those of us who adore larger cookies (OH JOY!) then drop by hefty tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 11-13 minutes.
- 9Secret: Always use cookie sheets with no lips or edges.
- 10Get a really good quality sheet--its worth it! Wilton's is very good.
- 11(I use an insulated sheet, and I just tried the Silverstone baking liners for the first time. Good idea!) Also, let sheets cool to room temp before second batch.
- 12(Or use freezer to cool sheets faster). Or just use 2 sheets and alternate.) The cookies won't look done really but as they sit they solidify They are really cakey.
- 13As an added treat you can whip up some cream cheese frosting as a dip, if if you don't mind them messier just squeeze a couple lines over finished cookies.
- 14Pure delight! from: Ann and .topsecretrecipes.com.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madwizard's Pumpkin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g