This makes a great appetizer. My favorite way to eat it is spread on a tortilla, then just roll up and eat. Also good to dip with tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow squash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 envelope lipton golden onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Major Grey chutney
- 1/2 cup peeled seeded finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1Let the butter melt in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- 3Add in the carrot, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, squash, and curry powder; stir/saute for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 4Add in the soup mix and 3/4 cup water, stir occasionally.
- 5Let mixture come to a boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- 6Take skillet from stove burner and let cool for 15 minutes; adjust seasonings if needed.
- 7Add in chutney and cucumber; stir to combine.
- 8Serve the spread with yogurt on the side.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Madras Vegetable Curry Spread
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 584.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Major Grey chutney