Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This makes a great appetizer. My favorite way to eat it is spread on a tortilla, then just roll up and eat. Also good to dip with tortilla chips.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow squash
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 envelope lipton golden onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup Major Grey chutney
- 1⁄2 cup peeled seeded finely chopped cucumber
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Let the butter melt in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add in the carrot, bell pepper, celery, zucchini, squash, and curry powder; stir/saute for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add in the soup mix and 3/4 cup water, stir occasionally.
- Let mixture come to a boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- Take skillet from stove burner and let cool for 15 minutes; adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add in chutney and cucumber; stir to combine.
- Serve the spread with yogurt on the side.